Detroit Babies

Pediatrician rec's - Livonia area?

I guess I am at the point in my pregnancy that I should start thinking about pediatricians.  Any great ones in the Livonia area?  My OB is through Providence, should the pedi be through the same hospital system?

Re: Pediatrician rec's - Livonia area?

• We use Providence Park Pediatrics in Novi- just behind the new hospital.Beck Rd and Grand River.

I delivered two of my babies at Providence and didn't have a Prov. Ped the first time and they still sent in whoever was on call. who just happened to be from Providence Park  Peds. We switched to them after a rec from a friend.

Thy are our third ped since moving out here about 4 yrs ago and I LOVE them.

The Dr's are great , the hours are good, they have a nurse line...we couldn't be happier.

We have seen a number of Dr's there and our faves are Dr's  Newcombe and Attisha

A friend of mine who had a baby born who needed some emergency surgery shortly after birth and saw Dr. Parikh for the follow ups and couldn't say enough good things about her. She went above and beyond...

You can call them and see if you can set up and interview..

https://stjohndoctors.org/parkpeds/

Congrats and good luck

• Thank you!  Do you know if they are open to an alternative vaccine schedule?
  • Loading the player...
  • I would just call and ask. It may be different with each Dr.

I delayed my  youngest daughters last round of vaccines by about 6 months and Dr. Attisha was fine with it.

They never try to push the flu vaccine on us either- which I like.

Let me know what you find out.

• Jenny ~

They will honor your request to do the alternative vaccine schedule.  We see Dr. Kendall there but have also seen Dr. Newcombe and we love it there.

All I do is when I make our monthly appt I tell them which vaccine we are coming in for.  The day of the appt I may just have to remind them which ones we are doing and they are fine with it. 

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"