November 2011 Moms
Options

Family dog

This is why I want a Border Collie as our family dog (when we get a place with room for a dog to run around): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8FfNQ_E0l0

What's your ideal family pet?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Family dog

• Options
    I don't know about "ideal" but we have a lab mix and a husky and they are both amazing with DD. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We have Boston Terriers and they are awesome.  I work in a vet clinic and I have yet to meet one with a bad demeanor.  We had ours before the kids and they have adapted fine and are so good with the girls.  

We have a friend who has a son with cerebral palsy.  They have a Border Collie that is amazing with him.  He can't walk or talk, but he can swing his hand.  Their dog brings him the ball and sets it on his lap and he'll swing his hand to push the ball and the dog will chase it and bring it back.  He has so much joy on his face when they play, it is awesome.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH wants an entire farmm he wants chickens, a goat and rabbits. I would be fine with a beta fish lol

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    My ILs have a border collie. She is so smart and such a sweetheart. DH wants one, but I prefer big dogs. My parents have two Bernese Mountain dogs and they're awesome, but I grew up having labs. I want a lab (preferably chocolate). We won't get a dog until the kids are able to scoop poop and help take care of it. Having a dog is like having another kid, depending on the dog. They're expensive and can be high maintenance. We have a cat and they're pretty darn low maintence pets. :-)
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    J234J234 member
    imageRedCamaro:

This is why I want a Border Collie as our family dog (when we get a place with room for a dog to run around): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8FfNQ_E0l0

What's your ideal family pet?

We have a rescued border collie mix.  She's not nearly as talented, but she's pretty great.  She can "wipe her paws" when she comes in from outside and "find my keys."  Those are her party tricks, lol.  So far, she's great with LO, even though she's very high energy!  She gets two walks a day and has a yard to run around.  

• Options
    imagembgreenwalt:

We have Boston Terriers and they are awesome.  I work in a vet clinic and I have yet to meet one with a bad demeanor.  We had ours before the kids and they have adapted fine and are so good with the girls.  

I love Bostons!  I grew up with them and can't wait to get another.  Right now we have 2 cats and a lab mix, who is pretty old.  I would love to have a whole zoo.  If we ever get the money, I would like to look into wildlife rehabilitation.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am allergic to pretty much anything with fur so no dogs or cats for me.  I wouldn't mind chickens though!

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    Wow!!! Nana is soooooooo awesome. I want a Border Collie now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A frog???
  • Options
    imagembgreenwalt:

We have a friend who has a son with cerebral palsy.  They have a Border Collie that is amazing with him.  He can't walk or talk, but he can swing his hand.  Their dog brings him the ball and sets it on his lap and he'll swing his hand to push the ball and the dog will chase it and bring it back.  He has so much joy on his face when they play, it is awesome.

Awwww!  I LOVE this story!  I love animals - I truly believe in some magical human/animal relationships.

We have two cats that want nothing to do with DD (even though she LOVES them).  DD also loves dogs.  I love dogs, too.....I just don't love OWNING dogs - I'd much rather enjoy someone else's dog.  We may get a dog someday (DH would really like a dog), but our trash is half filled with poop these days (between the diapers and the cat box) and I can't deal with cleaning up any more poop!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have 2 beagles. Our full blooded beagle is the absolute best dog with kids. She is sweet, loving extremely tolerate with grabby toddler hands.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"