November 2011 Moms

Any van moms out there?

DH and I are looking at buying a van as our next car.  Unfortunately, I will have to buy the car without DH looking at it, and I feel so much pressure to get the right car that DH will like.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Any van moms out there?

• Hands down, the Honda Odyssey! We've had ours for a year now and I'm still in love with it! You can really pack people/things in it, and it gets better gas milage than an SUV. I once had 4 adults, one baby in an infant seat, and 3 kids (one booster, + one car seat), and 2 regular sized strollers in the cargo area at one time. And everyone was comfy!

I happen to love the features of ours as well: dual climate control up front, seperate climate control in the back, up front seat heaters, built in window blinds in the 2nd row, 2nd row windows roll down, dual sliding doors, sun roof, split folding 3rd row, center seat in 2nd row detaches, in floor storage (2nd row), lots of storage everywhere, and many cup holders (13 if we're counting).

I absolutely love this van and tell everyone who wants to get a van to get this one! We did buy an extended warranty because the year we have has been known to have some transmission problems. But I think beyond our year, they fixed those. However, Honda service departments are awesome! Very helpful, and very nice!  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a Hyundai Entourage and really like it.  The Honda Odyssey is another great option.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a Toyota Sienna, I love it -- which surprised me.  We realized with an SUV you couldn't put 2 carseats in and still get to the back row so buying a Ford which we get a discount on was out.  The Chrysler Town&Country and Dodge Caravan felt like I was driving my grandmother's tin can (I'm biased, these are what I always remember my grandmother driving) but it was very affordable comparably even with all bells and whistles.  We don't have a Honda dealership anywhere close so even though the Odyssey looked great we couldn't do it -- and it's more $$.  The Sienna has everything I need and more- dual climate up front and front/back, automatic doors, rear camera, seats all move easily and the back row is kept partially folded down most of the time for us.  We have taken road trips with 8 people and it was comfortable.  

Decided on your budget as the Honda and Toyota are more $$ than the other's, then test drive.  GL! 

5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• We recently bought a Toyota Sienna.  Even my husband is convinced it's the best car ever.  We can fit four adults, three kids in car seats, two diaper bags, two dogs and three umbrella strollers quite nicely... and we still have room left over.  I drove the Honda Odyssey and the Sienna both.  I preferred the Sienna because I felt like the front end was easier to see and control.  Also, my husband didn't feel like he had a lot of room in the Odyssey.  He's 6' 2".
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"