Pre-School and Daycare

What foods will you be serving for bday?

DD will be turning 4 and I'm looking for food/snack ideas.  What did/are you planning on serving at LOs bday party?  We may just go the pizza/cake/ice cream route. 

Re: What foods will you be serving for bday?

• For DS's fifth birthday, we did pizza, breadsticks, and fruit salad, plus cake and ice cream. For DD's second, we did lasagna and penne pasta with salad and rolls, plus brownies and ice cream.

• We did pizza, fruit salad, and cake last year.

This year, mainly due to the 10am start time, we will be having a couple kinds of sandwiches/rolls, fruit kabobs with yogurt to dip in, veggie platter and cake.
  • Loading the player...
  • make you own sub, salad, fruit and DS1's favorite dip (beer cheese with pretzels).  I do that or papa murphy's.  We have peanut allergies in my family and I know what is safe so I don't vary much.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My kids' birthdays are during warmer months so we BBQ if we do parties at home. Just burgers, hot dogs and brats. With all the fixins, potato salad, fruit, chips, etc.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We made sloppy joes, salad, potato salad and chips. It worked out well and was inexpensive. We just made the sloppy joes the day before and warned it up in the crockpot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like to host brunch parties.... zucchini bread, fruit salad, veggies and hummus, smoothies. ALWAYS a big hit :)
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS1 had pizza and cake at his 5th last month. Idk what ds2 will have.
  • If we're feeling lazy and willing to spend, we order pizza. Otherwise, we almost always make pulled pork--easy crock pot meal! My family is generous and asks to bring sides, so everything's set after the main course and cake/cupcakes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As long as the party is at my house, I make sure to offer healthier choices (like fruit, vegetables, etc) if I am serving the traditional pizza. I personally can't eat pizza or higher fat foods, so I make sure to offer other options in case we have friend
    Hawaii
  • We are doing a big backyard Superhero birthday party so we are planning on barbecuing. We'll have fruit salad, chips n dip, hot dogs or hamburgers or tri tip(haven't decided), and some sort of side pasta salad. Then of course cake and ice cream.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I always keep it very simple and at most of the girls party, I planned them to not be over a meal time and we just did cake and sometimes ice cream.  A few times the party package included hot dogs or pizza so I have done both.  My older DD's pa
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • For my DD's birthday party, we're just doing cheese pizza, watermelon and cupcakes, with water to drink. I might do a "salad on a stick" with lettuce, tomato, and homemade crouton but I might not even bother with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"