Food & Nutrition
Options

Paleo kids?

I posted this in Health & Exercise but I guess it's probably better suited here... 

DH and I started eating Paleo in December of last year and we LOVE it! We both have increased energy, have lost weight and sleep better at night. I can't say enough good things about our new lifestyle.

My question is, do any of you Paleo mommas stick to Paleo with your kids? DS is off dairy (it gave him digestive issues), sugar and processed foods. I don't know that I want to take him off whole grains (oatmeal, whole wheat bread) or peanut butter. He loves fruit and veggies but I have a hard time getting him to eat protein other than eggs and turkey sausage. And though I firmly believe in the Paleo lifestyle for us as adults, I don't want him to lack anything in his development or make him more allergy-prone. He eats very healthy so I'm not sure if I should just be happy and stick with that until he gets a little older?

Re: Paleo kids?

• Options
    Personally, I'd keep him on grains (although I think he could ditch the wheat).
  • Options

imagelcherian:
    Personally, I'd keep him on grains (although I think he could ditch the wheat).

Disagree. &

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've done the Paleo lifestyle for a while. I'm not doing it currently but I do want to return and have read up on a lot of literature. If you and your DH are on it, I think DS should be following it too. There's no nutritional need to eat grains for adult
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We eat mostly primal, although admittedly we do eat crap food from time to time.

LO doesn't care for oatmeal, rice, or even bread. But he does like junky snack foods lol so he's had those Annie's Bunnies on occasion, things like that. I'm not mi

imageimage
  • Options

I'm with crazymary.  It is great diet for kids, it is very nutritionally dense. It definitely doesn't have to be low carb though.  My girls eat a lot of fruit, starches (white and sweet potatoes, white rice, squash, etc.), nuts, and dairy. &n

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

WOW! Thank you all for the feedback!

You guys answered my questions (which I think I already knew in my gut...but thank you for helping me reason it out Smile).

We

• Options
    imagespencerlynne:

WOW! Thank you all for the feedback!

You guys answered my questions (which I think I already knew in my gu

imageimage
  • Options
    Jaysonandk, I think we should agree to disagree ;) Properly prepared grains and legumes (ie. Soaked and/or sprouted) can be very nutritious. Plenty of thriving cultures around the world consume grains/legumes. That's why I'm not on board with the paleo
  • Options

Sounds like yummy bread Smile I just mentioned it because way back when we first started looking to reduce the amount of processed soy, like soybean oil, in our diet we

• Options
    imagespencerlynne:

Sounds like yummy bread Smile I j

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"