December 2011 Moms

Just the stomach virus...normal or no?

I posted on the toddler board but didn't get much.

Ds had the stomach flu on Sunday. Threw up a couple times during the day, but ate and drank. He threw up once that night too. We kept him on the BRAT diet from Sunday until yesterday, but every single night [and just once] he throws up. He is fine during the day though. I took him to the dr on Wednesday but they weren't much help. They were more concerned with his diahreah, which as of yesterday is starting to form and not be so watery. The throwing up once at night is starting to worry me. I elevated his crib last night to see if that would help, but no luck. Ears are fine, his throat was red but tested negative for strep. Any ideas?? Ill be calling the telenurse again in the morning.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just the stomach virus...normal or no?

• Have you been giving him milk? DS would do fine during the day but when we gave him his bottle at night he would throw up. It went on for like a week so we stopped giving him milk for a while and eased him back slowly by mixing water with the milk. Hope h
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I saw your post over there.  I'm sorry that's still happening.

The milk thing may be the ticket... but if he's not having milk is he having some other type of night time dairy? 

Otherwise, I'd call the Dr. again today.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • He's thrown up with no food, no dairy, no milk, and he's also thrown up with almond milk, and dairy products so I don't think it's the dairy or milk. Hopefully they will take him in again today so we can figure it out! Thanks for your guys advice and well
  • DS had this same type of thing that lasted two weeks.  Peds weren't worried unless he only had one wet diaper in a 12hr period.  He would go up to 24hrs with normal BMs and then all of the sudden he was back to diahrrea. I did bring him in to

• imagemlhw NH:
    DS had this same type of thing that lasted two weeks.nbsp; Peds weren't worried unless he only had one wet diaper in a 12h
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"