Pittsburgh Babies

New to Beaver County

Hi PA gals!  I am originally from northern PA, but have not lived here for years.  Anyway, I just moved to Beaver County, near Chippewa.  Does anyone know of a good pediatrician here or close by?  I'd much prefer a recommendation than just picking from the provider list.   Also, any other advice would be greatly appreciated.  I?d love to know more about playgrounds, activities for the kiddos (or the whole family), good places to eat and shop.  Anything really, I need a break from cleaning and unpacking!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: New to Beaver County

• Welcome! Check out Brady's Run Park. Food: Jerry's curb service, Hank's custard, Oram's donuts for local favorites. 

• I live in the Ellwood City area and we see Dr. Carlos Flores, he is awesome.  I don't know if that is too out of the way for you.  Dr. Haddad in Beaver is also really good. 

Welcome to the area!  I have a 1 year old DD as well! As PP mentioned, Hanks and Jerry's are really great places to eat.  Beaver Valley Mall and Robinson for shopping.  Brady's Run Park and Brush Creek Park.  Also Living Treasures in New Castle and Fun Fore All in Cranberry are two fun places to hit up for summer fun! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much! I loved our doctor so it is hard to move to a new place and find a new one. I don't think I will feel settled for a while, so many changes!

I am already going a little stir crazy so I look forward to exploring.   I have been to a few places in Robinson, who can resist Hobby Lobby and IKEA? Thanks for the park tips and the summer fun ideas.  I will be home with my dd and ds this summer so we will need some ideas. 

I need to find a library that has a childrens program or a play group or something to occupy us.  But this is a really great start!  Thanks again!

• cbmp, your daughter is darling!  I need to update my entire siggy, but so far it won't let me.

• Thank you!  Your little ones are precious too!  :)  What a sweet picture!  I have been having siggy problems myself, it is so frustrating!  We have been going to the Ellwood City Library's Spring Session of Baby Laptime, this Tuesday is the last day but they are starting a summer session in a couple of weeks. It is really fun!  We have to get out of the house or we go crazy!  I think we are also going to get a pool pass for Ewing Park pool here in Ellwood this summer. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
  • My little girl is just about 2 months = we also live in the Beaver area, we use tri state pediatrics, there is a group of Dr's and I've been happy with all of them, they also have multiple offices which is nice!
    I'm also looking for fun things to do around the area as I'm not from here either.. We've gone into the city to Phipps botanical garden and hope to make it to the zoo soon=
  • Dr haddad is amazing. He has an office right in Chippewa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"