Postpartum Depression

PPD & Birth Control

I was diagnosed with PPD when DD was about three months old. Since then I've been taking a low dose of Lexapro which has helped tremendously and I've been feeling great ever since. Last week I went back on the Nuvaring to make sure we don't have any surprises (DD is six months old now) and I felt like my PPD was coming back. Even DH noticed and commented that I wasn't myself. Before we started trying to get pregnant, I had been on the Nuvaring for years and never had a problem. I have a call into my doc, but just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced something similar?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PPD & Birth Control

• Yup!  I had this too.  I used the nuva ring when first married and about 9 months in we decided to get rid of it and all hormonal birth control.  My doc at the time said there was no correlation between the nuva ring and depression. &nbs

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• YES! I had a very bad reaction to the Nuvaring before getting pregnant. I had anxiety and depression and had to take medication for it because it got so bad and I strongly believe that this was all due to the Nuvaring. My doctors told me the same that

photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"