Blended Families

FB Message

I was sending a message today and just happened to see I had a message in my "other" folder. I clicked on it and see that one of BM's FB friends had sent me a message on Fri night, when we had the kids. Here it is. 

OMGosh really?! If you were an actual adult and caring "parent" or step whatever, you WOULDN'T be trashing the birthmom! Have you lived life at all?!??? Or experienced any type of loss/ life changing situation??? WHY on God's GREAT EARTH are you NOT FOCUSING ON THE CHILDREN'S BEST INTEREST?!?!? YOU ARE A SAD EXAMPLE OF ANY SORT OF HUMAN BEING! LET ALONE ANY TYPE OF STEP ANYTHING! WAKE THE ** UP AND REALIZE, AS AN ah-hen ADULT, "CARING" FOR CHILDREN, it is YOUR JOB TO LOVE AND DEVELOP THEM TO BE AND GROW, LOVING, REsPECTABLE, CARING, RESPECTFUL, HONEST, LAW ABIDING, CONSCIENTIOUS INDIVIDUALS!!!

This is my response back tonight, that hasn't been read yet, I edited it to remove BM and DH's names.

Considering ur friends with BM your clearly biased. And who the hell are you to message me, when you don't know a damn thing about me or this situation. I'm trash talking BM? Yes I have experienced loss and life changing events, again you don't know a damn thing about me. I do focus on the children's best interests, which is why I have such issues with the horrible parenting BM does. She is trying her hardest to alienate those kids from DH and that is a form of CHILD ABUSE! If you want to address trash talking, have a talk with your friend about bashing the father and their step mother right to the children, she was trash talking me before even knowing me, hell she still doesn't know me. She tells them that step-mommies wont love and protect them, that step-mommies can't discipline them, that I lie to them, that I'm hurting Liv by putting hairspray in her hair. She called the cops and dcf on me with her made up lies. She has been way more aggressive and harmful to those children. We want them to grow up in a stable loving environment where they are allowed to love ALL of their family, and not have every aspect of their life controlled and dictated by their unstable mother. Next time, get all the facts, not just the lies from a pathological manipulative lair who is an expert at playing a victim, and if she has an issue she can take it up with me, she doesn't need another "adult" to fight her battles for her!

I have no idea what brought this "attack" on. Do I trash talk her on my FB page, absolutely, I have all my friends and family on there and they know all about this situation. But my FB page is as secure as it can get, and I have even made another page to check my own to make sure my posts are not visible to her. Yes I trash talk her in real life. However, I have never once said anything bad about her in front of the children or when they are in our care and there is a possiblity of them overhearing. DH and I have told them countless times that they can love all of us, they don't need to choose. She tries to alienate them from us, I have zero intention of giving her any ammo to use against us. To have her friend message me and start this drama is just so immature and childish. 

This is just more of a vent. It just pissed me off that this woman would message me, without even knowing me to b!tch me out, when as far as the kids are concerned I've done nothing wrong.  

Re: FB Message

• You should not be posting ANYTHING about BM on FB. Ever. This can be used against you later. You shouldn't have responded to her message either. You are making yourself look immature, and if that's a direct cut and paste of what you wrote unintelligent as
  • imagexmaryrickx:
    You should not be posting ANYTHING about BM on FB. Ever. This can be used against you later. You shouldn't have re
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Loading the player...
  • I see now where you said you have zero intention of her any ammo to use against you. You just did.
  • HChadHChad member

While I would LOVE to respond to things ExW puts on FB, I don't say a word.  I don't mention her.  She and I are FB "Friends", she friended me when DH and I were dating.  The worst time I had was ExW's "Deadbeat Dad" rant on FB last summ

• Wow everyone's posts make me so scared of bd getting a Gf.
  • Screen name seems fitting.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHChad:
    While I would LOVE to respond to things ExW puts on FB, I don't say a word. nbsp;I don't mention her. nbsp;She and I are FB
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • O dear!  you are wrong to vent on FB (and childish) and you were wrong to respond to that email. 

You cause a lot of drama for yourself.  STOP!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMelRC117:
    Not responding would have been probably the best course. Then blocking that person. She now can hit "Print Screen"
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• I agree with PP's and would echo that trashing her on FB is a huge no-no! You should never ever ever put anything in print or on the internet that could come back in any way to bite you. And this definitely can.

I would never utter a single word

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I simply do not understand how responding to drama with drama is not....also drama.  You might consider what you get out of trash talking BM, because it's not healthy to be so focused on something so negative. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As PPers said you shouldn't have responded.

I second how your post might make others feel. We have divorced friends (one is remarried, one is in a serious relationship) they share a son and we remained friends with both. Neither post anyth

• In the beginning of mine and dh relationship bm used to message me on fb trying to start drama (im guessing). I ignored every one of them and at the end of the day you know who looked stupid? HER!

She later apologized and knew she was acting

• imagebripratt2:
    Wow everyone's posts make me so scared of bd getting a Gf.

LOL.  Trust me you should

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"