August 2013 Moms

Top car seat options didn't fit!

My top at seat option was Britax that didn't even come close to fitting. Second option was Chicco I think it would've fit if I pushed the passenger seat all the way forward which I would prefer not too. Even the Graco was tight.
Ended up that the Peg Perego seat fit the best, so by default that's what we're going with.
I have a BMW X5. Just a heads up to other SUV owners. I assumed I'd be fine b/c it's an SUV but not the case.

Re: Top car seat options didn't fit!

• Is that a small SUV? I got my britax in the back seat fine and I have a Terrain but it is a midsize SUV.
    imageimageimageimage

• Wow, really? I own a Volkswagen Rabbit (2 door compact hatchback) and I got both the chicco keyfit 30 and the britax marathon into the backseat of my car. On Saturday I went to try them out to make sure they would fit since some reviewers said they may no
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is suprising! I have a super small Suzuki Sx4 hatchback and had my snugride 30 in there, which I think are a bit bulkier than Keyfits, and my rear facing marathon in there as well!

Plus we had both seats inspected to make sure they we
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• That's weird. I had a small Mazda Protege and was able to fit my Graco 35 and a Britax no problem. The passenger seat had to be quite a bit forward if we put it there, but in the centre seat there was no problem.

My DD is still rear facing and

Married - July 2010, DD - April 2011, #2 EDD August 10, 2013
  • We just placed it in there, didnt actually set them up. I had the gal from the store helping me and it was snowing so really we just placed them in, eyeballed it and moved on. She warned me that the BMW has shallower seats that aren't as far back as a

• Both the ones I liked didn't fit. so we went with the Graco Smart seat all in one.  
    Wife to Michael 5/25/02 
    Mom to Reilly 3/13/03 
    Mom to Ryder 7/26/13
    BFP 12/10/12
    Beta 12/12/12: 351 @16 dpo 
    Beta 12/17/12: 2999 @21 dpo 
    Beta 12/20/12: 7539 @24 dpo 

• I am shocked and honestly think maybe it wasn't done right.  Our friend actually was able to put his twins in the back of his Porsche 911.  It wasn't their everyday car, but they were able to fit.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• imageSascha3:
    I am shocked and honestly think maybe it wasn't done right.  Our friend actually was able to put his twins in th
    image image

• I find that odd, bc I know that's one of the few cars that fit 3 carseats across.  Additionally, we had a x5 and we were able to fit the chicco key fit in it and I have an x3 and although I haven't tried it yet, I don't see an issue, considering I ha
  • We fit our Graco Safeseat in the back of DH's 2-door Cavalier without issue.

It's good to check the fit, but honestly, fitting one infant seat in the back of any vehicle is super unlikely to be hard. It gets trickier when you need 2 rear facing o

• I've got the Volvo XC90 which is comparable in size to the X5, and there are no problems.  I'd assume there was installation error.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have an acura rdx which is the smaller sized SUV and we were able to fit the Britax bagile in the back with no problem. We test fit it behind the drivers seat and I tend to have as my husband calls it a gangster lean so my seat is reclined a bit. <br
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• A lot of it is angle etc of the seats of the car combined with the legroom needed by the front passenger.

The coccorro is a small convertible car seat if anyone needs to know if one. In our Saturn ion and Chevy volt DH who needs the seat alm

• Must be a small SUV. We have a Graco My Ride 65 for DS and it fit with plenty of room. Our SUV is pretty giant, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Did you try putting the car seat in the middle? Seems like they'd have more room there. I have a Toyota Prius and we can fit a giant Evenflo convertible seat in there just fine. We do have it in the middle though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"