November 2012 Moms

Spit up help

H is 5 months and still spitting up like crazy. Our Pedi hasn't put him on any meds because he is gaining weight really well and the spit up doesn't bother him. The past few days it has gotten extremely worse. He doesn't spit up when he is flat on his back so holding him upright doesn't help. He burps every 2 ounces really well but every burp produces spit up.

I'm just really frustrated with it and don't like to feed him in public or someone else's house because he always needs a change of clothes, even with a bib on, and so do I.

He is on Enfamil Infant. We tried AR at two months but it didn't seem to help any and the Gentlease made him constipated. I'm thinking of trying AR again.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I'm sort of at my wits end with it. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spit up help

• Ugh! Excessive spit up is the worst. I wish I had some advice but I EBF and I've drastically changed my diet and the spit up finally got better. The only idea I have is Allimentum, it's what a lot of babies who have reflux use because it is free of a lot
  • Totally in the same boat!! I counted... I have 33 bibs and panic if I don't get a wash in every other day.

We got the Browns bottles, holding upright, two ounces at a time, slower nippes, faster nipples, wait 20 minutes to play, anything! lo
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This evening was much better. I was just crabby this morning and getting spit up on really didn't help my mood too much.

Kiraliz, it doesn't bother him at all. I just have to learn to deal with it. We were doing so good for about 2 months!

• My LO had terrible spit up and acid reflux up until he hit 4 months then we started mixing his formula Similac SpitUp green label and Gerber rice cereal... Now he's like a different baby ; and not too worried about weight gain for him since crawling and b
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Also maybe try the VentAire bottles by Playtex with the medium nipple to get the formula/rice cereal through ;
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"