Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Naps A Mess: Help!

I'm going crazy!! My little guy of 17 mths doesn't seem to get a break. (And me either by default!) For the past few weeks it seems he can't get a good nap most days because he gets woken up by a poop after just 30 min or when he hits the 30 min mark or so of his nap, he just wakes up and can't put himself back to sleep. He really screams :(. Because it's been poop quite a few times we've been going in to check because we've been able to put him back down quickly after changing the diaper, but now about half the time there is no poop-- and he just goes crazy. He's pretty happy when he's awake, despite what I see as a dramatic loss of sleep, and I'm convinced he should be getting more sleep, right?

He usually only sleeps 11 hrs at night-- so 12 hours total for a 24 hr period isn't enough sleep for a 17mth old, right?

Anyone else with a pooper?  Anyone else experience something similar?

He's been a very good sleeper in the past and we've done plenty of sleep training with crying it out in the past-- start over? Suggestions? Ugh!  

Re: Naps A Mess: Help!

• Not sure how much help this will be because we've been doing elimination communication with mine. Lately he'll poop on the toilet if we put him on there before his nap... but it's inevitable that if I'm rushing and don't take him or don't leave him the

I Take Lots of Pictures: www.camerahappymom.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmmm that is really frustrating! I think Pp's suggestion of giving him a chance to poop before nap is a possibility... I've had this happen, but it was around 10 months and she was much easier to get back down then. Now I could see it being more of a cha
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Loading the player...
  • If he is reliably pooping at a certain time I would either a. try sitting him on the potty before nap to see if he'll go there and/or b. pushing naptime back by 30mins to give him time to poop before putting him down.

It sounds like he's not get

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"