Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Night wakings

I've posted several times now about DD's ongoing sleep issues - thanks so much for all of your input!  Things are still rough but we are trying to establish a routine for going to bed and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  However the part we really seem to be struggling with is when she wakes up in the middle of the night.  She wakes up SCREAMING and it is hard to console her - she doesn't want to be rocked, sometimes walking around helps, and I am embarrassed to say that often times we are in a bad habit of turning on the tv to calm her down.  Sometimes when she does calm down she has boundless energy and wants to play.   She's STTN since she was a month old - these sleep problems developed maybe two months ago - so I am clueless.  I have been giving her milk in the middle of the night when she wakes up - is that right? The past two nights have been the worst - last night we got four hours of sleep and the night before we got two.  So keep the sleep advice coming! Thanks ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg

Re: Night wakings

• Options

Maybe she is having bad dreams?  We use the vent fan over our stove in the kitchen to calm her down and it works like a charm.

DH did the tv thing one night when I wasn't home.  It did calm her down but it also took a lot longer for h

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageskibunny59:

Maybe she is having bad dreams?  We use the vent fan over our stove in the kitchen to calm her down and it wo

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just posted about the same issue. while trying to research ....i read that learning to walk can be very stressful for LO's. They can wake with anxiety, leg pains or just fear. My lo is waking and wanting to play. I have a DR appt tomorrow and am going t
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options

My daughter has night terrors. They happen after about an hour of sleep. She also sleep plays in her crib. They happen a couple times a week. She usually goes back to sleep on her own. I have been told to not wake her or pick her up. I just talk to her

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"