Blended Families
Options

I really don't like DH's grandma UPDATE

Original post: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/73284448.aspx

DH & his grandma (G) didn't resolve anything before our visit do DH's family, despite DH's talking to his mom about it and calling G three times (once was a failed conversation that I posted about originally, & the two times after he left voice mails & G never called back.)

DH told his mom he didn't want to see G this visit since things weren't resolved, & is mom said "fine." Well, our first visit to his parents' house we were there no more than 30 minutes when, what do you know, G rings the doorbell. DH was livid. He had me get DS & he buckled DD into her car seat, all while his mom & sister screamed at us telling us what awful people we were. DH's mom even tried to grab DD in her car seat from DH.

We go out to the car & we're blocked in by G. DH's dad comes out, & DH explained where he was coming from on why he wouldn't see G. Then, DH goes in to his parents' house & asks G to move her car. When he walks in his mom & G apologize for everything. DH was flabbergasted, so say the least. He still took G's keys & moved her car so we could leave. DH & I talked & we agreed it was fine seeing G since she apologized, & so long as she didn't bring the crazy back out.

So we go in & DH's mom apologizes to me, & G gave gifts to DS, DD, & me & DH. G was well behaved the whole weekend. It was quite the surprise, & very refreshing. DH & I still don't like G, but as long as she stays in her place we'll be around her.

Re: I really don't like DH's grandma UPDATE

• Options

Do you want my honest opinion?  The apology was fake.  FROM EVERYONE.

Your grandmother, mother and sister (and everyone else who knew what was up and did not give you heads up) did not believe that you would actually leave. 

<p
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options

Is the grandchild she didn't acknowledge her grandchild? Or is it your child from a previous marriage? I'm just curious because it's not right to leave the kids out but she doesn't have too include them ykwim? If my child was left out (step or not) I w

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageIlumine:
    Do you want my honest opinion?nbsp; The apology was fake.nbsp; FROM EVERYONE.Your grandmother, mother and sister and every
  • Options

So I'm really late getting back to this, but here it goes:
    G is a woman who typically does and says whatever she wants. She realized that we're done with that sh!t, and she was sweet as pie the whole weekend. So, she's

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"