Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Ok--is there a 2 yr wakeful or such thing as baby insomnia???

The last few nights now DS2 who is nearing 2 in a few weeks is waking up around 1:30 am (goes to bed around 8ish--depending on how long it takes for him to fall asleep which is about 20-30 min sometimes)---and won't go back to sleep for about an hour to three hours depending on the night. 

He keeps leaving his room which I can hear because of the gate---and shutting his door isn't an option because he'll just bang on it, waking up his brother in the next room.  I try putting him back down and he TRIES to go to sleep but is appears he can't--and he screams in aggravation.  It's so sad!  I try snuggling with him, rubbing his back, massage, etc etc.  I even have given him ibuprofen in case he's teething and I'm missing it (doesn't appear to be). 

It's almost like he's wide awake---blabbering---very odd.  I don't know what to do.  I'm a "single mom" right now because of DH's schedule so getting no help--and trying to keep my DS1 asleep.  I've been getting about 4-5 hours of sleep a night the last few nights and I can't afford to get sick right now.

So is there such thing as a 2 yr wakeful time or baby insomnia (how dumb that may sound).  I can't figure this out!!  Nothing seems to be wrong.

Re: Ok--is there a 2 yr wakeful or such thing as baby insomnia???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"