August 2011 Moms
Options

help me with my early mornings!

Please help me. Max goes to bed at 6:30 every night and used to sleep until 5 or 6 or even 6:30.  Now he wakes up at 4, if I go in and rub his tummy he will sometimes fall back asleep until 5 but I have to stay there with my hand on his tummy (laying on the floor with arm awkwardly through crib slats).

My husband is writing some major medical exams at the end of the month (HELLO STRESSFUL) and these early mornings are affecting his studying....I try to do what I can to keep things quiet so he can sleep later than 4am...Now I'm pregnant again and need my sleep more than ever. What should I do? Move bedtime to 7 or 7:30? Let him CIO in the morning? Sneak the ipad and a bottle of milk into his bed so he can occupy himself when he wakes up (was joking but not a bad idea lol). We weaned two weeks ago and he is still looking to nurse in the morning so it is a screamfest until he settles. 

I usually take him downstairs at 5 and give him some milk and a bowl of cereal, and let him watch cartoons until 6 when we kind of "get up." I need to fix this! He naps well every day from 12-2. Help!  

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: help me with my early mornings!

• Options
    My advice is to gradually move his bed time to 7pm. Try putting him down a few minutes later every few days. My lo goes to bed at 830 and we are trying to adjust him to 8.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Yep, sounds like he needs a later bed time. We gradually made DD's bed time later by 15 mins. a night. She's now going to bed at 8:00 and sleeping until 7 or 7:30. There are weeks where she will still wake earlier.

Also, you'll have to adjust
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you move dinner time later?
  • Options
    Move his bedtime later, gradually. 6:30 seems really early to me. Plus wear him out as much as possible during the day. Do you have a local pool? Swimming would be easy for you and wear him out good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Another vote for a later bedtime.  DD rarely sleeps more than 10 hours overnight, so a 6:30 bedtime would definitely mean a 4am wake up!

What time do you have dinner?  We do a snack after she wakes up from her nap, which lets us have di

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Another vote for later bedtime/later dinner.

We do dinner around 6:00, and DS usually takes until 6:30 or 6:45 to eat. Then we clean up (if we didn't before dinner), start the bedtime routine at 7:00, and he goes down 7:20-7:30. He generally slee

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again here: the Gro Clock changed my life. Max may be a bit young to start using it just yet (they recommend it for kids 2+ and I agree with them), but I would definitely look into it.

I think a late

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks guys....I am going to try moving dinner to 6 and doing bedtime at 7-7:30 and see how that goes. I'll let you know! And yes Madame Ha I have read good things about the Gro Clock, will check it out! Thanks! 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"