Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

16 month old with car sickness! HELP!

For the third time in a month my 16 mo old has projectile vomited all over herself after being in the car for no more than 15 minutes.

The first time, she had just eaten half a piece of balogna (which we had never given her before) and drove across town on our way out to dinner. We figured the balogna was just too fatty for her and we wouldn't give it to her again.

The second time, she had just eaten one of those gerber turkey sticks and we had driven 10 minutes to our local Sam's club. That was the day I suspected car sickness. So I called my doctor, and he said I could try moving her to an outside seat or turning her around, both of which I was very hesitant to do.

The THIRD time, which was just now, she had just eaten some turkey lunch meat, red bell peppers, and a slice of cheese. She has been forward facing since Monday.

I just don't know what to do!! We drive back and forth from work all the time, are always running erands, she has always done fine after eating when we go out to dinner and drive home. The only common denominator other than being in the car, are the nitrates in all the meat she has eaten before getting in the car (she doesn't eat lunch meat that often).

Anyone else had any experience with this?? I'm about to go buy a child size hair cutting cape and putting it on her every time we're in the car. I'm an expert at taking apart and putting car seats back together now. =[

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 16 month old with car sickness! HELP!

• Options

First, I would turn her back RF, especially since the FF doesn't seem to be helping anyway. 

Other things you can try are candied ginger or peppermint drops, or using sea bands (like what women use for pregnancy) on her wrists. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Could she have an ear infection?  That may through off inner ear equilibrium and could maybe have an impact.  

I would avoid the high nitrate meats before car rides for a month and maybe do a blanket or cape just in case :(  My son h

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My son gets car sick too and it started around 18 months. Our pediatrician suggested a light snack (crackers, pretzels, cheerios) something bland before riding and no milk within the hour before we get in the car. We also take only main roads and avoid

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"