November 2012 Moms
Options

Merlin sleep suit, rolling over, tummy sleeping questions

We're having a rough time right now with MOTN waking. And twice in the past few nights F has totally escaped his Merlin suit. And I'm always having to redo the zippers from halfway unzipped and pull his feet back through the legs because he just kicks and kicks trying to roll over and works his legs up into the body of the suit.

I thought about ordering the smaller size, but I think he's too big, and the large seems to fit him fine until he starts thrashing around like crazy when he wakes MOTN. So I don't think it's worth it to go down a size.

Did your LO ever escape or fight the suit? What did you do?

I'm thinking I'll try him w/o the suit to see if maybe he's just over it. I haven't seen him startling lately, so maybe he's lost that reflex and doesn't need the suit anymore?

When he's kicking around at night it really looks like he's trying to roll over to his tummy.  Which, I don't think I'm ready for tummy sleeping. He has rolled over back to front, and front to back, a few times.  But not reliably.  I feel like he can push his head up enough to where he'd probably be ok on his tummy.  But it just makes me sooo nervous bc of the SIDS risk.  What do you think?

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Merlin sleep suit, rolling over, tummy sleeping questions

• Options
    imagekiraliz2:

I don't have experience with the merlin suit. It was recommended to me when we were breaking the swaddle, <STRONG

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've heard that once they are rolling and have good neck control then they are ok to sleep on their tummys.It still makes me nervous, but he sleeps a lot better on his tummy and he prefers to sleep that way. Talk to your pedi. I'm sure they can give you p

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"