Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Moving with a toddler - tips?

Hello!

It's been a while since I've been on this board, but I'd love any advice people might have about moving with a toddler.

DS is 18 months and we are scheduled to close on our new house in 2 weeks. We plan to move during the last weekend in April. We will do the move in one day and get everything set up that first night in DS's room so he has his crib, blankie, paci, etc but will that be enough?

What should I expect as far as changes in him, or will it not be as tough as I think?

He is in daycare during the week full time and we're not moving far so the daycare will not change, and I don't anticipate needing to change anything else during this time (already on 1 nap a day, no night time bottle or milk, etc).

Is there anything else me or DH can be doing to ensure it's as easy on DS as possible? Thank you in advance!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moving with a toddler - tips?

• Options

We moved when DD1 was 17 months old. Didn't faze her a bit. We set her room up right away, in a similar configuration, and did her normal bedtime routine, etc., and she slept great in the new place from night 1. She thought it was loads of fun trying t

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We moved in with my parents when DS was 14 mos. (and will move again in 2 months).  It went pretty well.  He has his own room there so we set it up with all his stuff.  He had a little trouble going to bed the first few nights, but it didn'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved when he was 20 months and it didn't affect him at all. We switched him to a twin bed at the same time and other than the first night, he transitioned very smoothly to that as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just moved a couple of weeks ago. Before we spent a night in the house, I painted the fellas room exactly the colour it is in the old house and made sure their room was set up.
    I also unpacked as much as I could so that there was an open area for t
    Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options
    We moved when DD was a year old and it didn't phase her a bit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We moved last year when DS was 21 months. Honestly, it didn't phase him a bit. We didn't make a big deal about it to him because we didn't want to stress him out or create unnecessary drama for him. If he didn't think it was a big deal then I certainly di
  • Options

We just bought a house and moved a couple of weeks ago.  Our son is also 18 mos old.  The first night he cried for about 30 min before falling asleep, which is unheard of from him.  I went in one time in the middle of it and comforted hi

• Options

We just moved a couple months ago when DD was 19months and it did not seem to affect her sleeping, napping etc.  We even took the opportunity to transition her to a toddler bed and it was a very smooth transition.

I will say the most difficu

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"