Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Bedtime is too late for me!

My 23 month old has been waking at his normal time about 7, and napping his normal 2 hour naps but will not go down for his nap until later... He usually naps 1:303:30,but lately bc nice weather and playing he's been wanting to play outside and will not wind down til close to 3! So he wakes at 5:15pm then will not fall asleep til 9:159:45 at night. What can I do. I've tried putting him up earlier but he talks, sings, throws things out of crib. So is this a sudden phase? Or typical almost 2 year old behavior?? I don't want to cut naps either. He def needs his nap. Also he's happy during the day... Just wanted to see if anyone going through this... Tia!

Re: Bedtime is too late for me!

• We went through this our first summer after having DD on a great schedule. We bought black-out curtains for DD's and DS's rooms. It is the only way to combat the late daylight in the summers.  It has worked for us!
  • Ditto the blackout curtains and maybe start the nap process a bit earlier.  Start winding things down an extra 15 minutes earlier than usual so he's not as wound up from all the outside playing.  And I know you'll hate to hear this but maybe an
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd probably limit his nap length.  If he needs 4 hours between nap and bedtime, wake him up at 4.  I know it will suck, but it may help reset him a bit if he's tired from not getting a long enough nap.

And ditto the idea of starting th

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"