November 2012 Moms

Nap advice

So A sleeps great at night, but naps are another story. She takes a nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. I hold her until she falls asleep, just sitting in a chair, no rocking needed. The problem is she'll wake up after 45 minutes and can't put herself back to sleep. I end up going in and holding her again for 10 to 20 minutes an she falls back asleep for another 45 minutes to an hour. I feel like I spend a lot of my day making her sleep and I can hardly get anything done because her sleep is not continuous. I also feel like we both get tired from this, on the rare occasion when she sleeps an hour and a half or 2 hours straight she is much more relaxed and happy.

So here's my question, I'm thinking of trying sleep training for naps. Thought about trying the baby whisperer pick up put down method to see if I can teach her to fall asleep on her own in the hopes that his will improve her naps. What do you Guys think, worth a try or leave it alone since its not so bad?

Re: Nap advice

• I kind of hate you right now lol! My LO sleeps for 1015 minutes usually and 2035 max, and usually only once a day....
  • I think teaching her to self soothe is a great idea!  We have the same problem and DS will only sleep i my lap and when I try to move him he screams at the top of his little lungs.  We have started picking him up, Boppy and all, and carefully

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"