Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Hates room and crib -- help!

My 17 months old has always been a great sleeper.  Even though he cannot sooth himself to sleep, we have always had a bedtime routine, given him his milk and rocked him in the living room for 5 minutes before he passes out and we place him in his crib.  We live in a small apartment so the bedroom and living room arent far. He usually sleeps from 7pm - 6am every night. 

All of a sudden, the second we start walking towards his room, he opens his eyes and starts screaming.  We have tried letting him cry it out (15-20 minute intervals), rubbing his back and putting a nightlight in the room but nothing has worked.  We have also tried doing the bedtime routine in his room by putting him in his crib and sitting next to him and reading stories but he is screams from the second he is placed in his crib and never calms down. He has been crying from 7pm - 12pm every night these past two weeks and eventually we just bring  him into our bed where he plays for another hour and finally goes to bed.

I know that we should not be bringing him into our bed but I'm not sure what else to do.  Any suggestions?  Is this just a phase (fingers crossed:) ?

Re: Hates room and crib -- help!

• I think he's probably screaming until he knows you'll come and put him in your bed. CIO didn't work for us so we did the sleep lady shuffle and that worked for us. We just sat next to his crib every night till he would finally go to bed and when he woke u
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• P&T11P&T11 member

We never did use his room for play but we actually starting using it for play time about a month ago.  He loves playing in there during the day and will sit in there by himself for an hour without me even coming in.  We even put some toys in

• Loading the player...
  • If soothing him gets him worked up, then it sounds like you need to do some non-soothing CIO.  You could also try moving bedtime back.  Even though DS does STTN, he does cry for about an hour before going down.  He goes to sleep right aw

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"