Baby Showers
Options

Thank you etiquette

I'm having a tough one with this... I'll try to be as succinct as possible so not to confuse anyone.

My shower is at the end of this month - two and 1/2 weeks away.

Because I live 3,000 miles away from where the shower is being hosted, many people are being considerate enough to have our items shipped directly to us.

The thing is, we've already received a few gifts (all within the last week) and most of them are from people that I KNOW will be at the shower and some have even told me they wanted to send a gift early so they could give their first choice item, but also plan to give something else in person.

Should I...

- Send a TY now, as I receive gifts, even to those who I know will be at the shower - and then send another one after. (2 TYs total)

- Wait until after the shower and send just one TY. (If I do this, should I send an email saying I received the gift and thank you and looking forward to seeing them?)

If I choose the first option, how soon up to the shower should I said TYs? I anticipate a number of gifts arriving the week of, but if I send a TY, I risk it arriving after the shower... therefore not acknowledging their presence at the event.

We did receive one group gift but because there was no card, I have no idea who was included in the giving of the gift (our car seat) except the person's whose credit card was used. My MIL said to wait because she knew they'd be bringing cards to the shower. That said, my mother has said to send two TYs, one now and one later, to the other gifts we have received.

I hope I am not too confusing in this post!

Re: Thank you etiquette

• Options

I would send out thank you cards immediately upon receiving gifts, so that the giver knows it was received and in good condition.  I would keep doing this all the way up to your shower- if something arrives that week, maybe you could also call the

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

See, I would do the opposite of what the PP said, which is what I did for our wedding as well. I started out sending TYs immediately, but soon found out that some places like Bed Bath & Beyond and Amazon send multiple boxes (often days apart) for o

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My shower was out of state, many people shipped us gifts. Some people though shipped a large gift and brought something small to the shower (blanket, onesie, outfit) so if I had sent out TY's right away, I would have missed thanking them for the extra

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd personally send a TY when you get the gift and then a second TY for any additional gift at the shower. May be overkill, but I'd rather that then wait to send them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Send a TY now. If you get another gift at the shower, send a thank you. If you don't, you really don't need to send a TY for their "presence".   Quite honestly, I've never understood that concept.  I've been to non- gift giving events an

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"