April 2013 Moms
Options

STM - pre-labor dilation & labor length

I keep reading all these super speedy 2nd+ childbirth stories and its freaking me out a little.  I just left a dr appt and she said I'm already at 4+cm and baby is really really low.  Her exact words were, "when it starts, don't dawdle."  With my first, I labored at home for a good 6 hours before we left for the hospital, and was 4cm when we checked in.  So I'm worried this one will be quite a bit faster.  What was your pre-labor cm dilation (if you knew), and how long was your active labor with #2?

Also random side question - Does the IV cause so much swelling that you can't wear your wedding rings?  I don't think I took them off last time, but can't remember if I should leave them at home. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STM - pre-labor dilation & labor length

• Options

I was about 4cm and 80% effaced. G was born pretty darn quick. 

As for jewelry, I play it safe and leave everything expensive at home. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first I was 2 cm when I was induced and labour was 6.5 hrs. This time I'm 2 cm and being induced tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    My fingers were swelling a lot the weeks leading up to the birth, so I ended up taking my wedding rings off and was glad I did since the IV made my hand swell even more.  I wouldn't take the chance if I were you!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"