Baby Showers

This is what I've got feedback?

My twin sister is having her first baby and I'm throwing her a shower. Attendees are a small group of close friends and family less than 20 people spanning ages 25 to 80. I'm tight on money, but want to throw a nice party. I wanted to run the menu by some folks for feedback. The party is at 12:30 and my sister's SIL is vegan, so I want plenty of options for her.

Mini Pigs in a Blanket half beef, half some kind of vegan "meat"
Finger Sandwiches tuna, egg salad, pbj is that a strange combo?
Fruit / Veggie plates with dip
animal Crackers for the theme with a dip
Cake sister does not want cupcakes
Water, Sweet Tea, Sprite sister's soda of choice

So.... Is that enough? Too random? I'm not a social person so I don't ever throw parties. Thanks for the feedback

Re: This is what I've got feedback?

• I'm thinking it might be best to nix vegan pigs in a blanket if SIL is the only vegan- she won't eat half , and I doubt others will want the vegan version.  If you want a vegan hot appetizer, check out Trader Joes- maybe they have some veggie tart

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNKaeding:
    Also, I might suggest moving the time. 12:30 start implies a lunch will be provided, but a time like 2pm implies sna
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with pp about the vegan pigs in a blanket.

I would check out Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, or Trader Joe's if you have any of those around you for some vegan friendly options.

Also, hummus is veg

• I agree with pp and would nix the vegan pigsinablanket. I'm vegetarian, and I would rather have, um, real food, like hummus as a dip with the veggies, maybe a couple kinds of salad that everyone else would eat as well, even a veggie and hummus sandwich as

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for the ideas. Salad is a good idea (duh!) and I like adding another type of sandwich.  My sister is not very close with her SIL and doesn't have a very good idea of what she eats.  The mini pigs in a blanket were a recipe that I

• Vegans do not eat any animal products, so if you add a potato salad, keep that in mind if you usually make it up with eggs. I think having a veggie sando and a veggie tray is great. Perhaps you can do some dishes of nuts for the vegan SIL? Most people tha
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagecaladpi02:
    Vegans do not eat any animal products, so if you add a potato salad, keep that in mind if you usually make it up wi
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a vegatarian but lean toward vegan

Agree with PP's about nixing the vegan pigs in a blanket. Your vegan options should be something that all of the guests would like to eat, and "fake meat" isn't something many people are willing to try. It a

• The vegan pigs in a blanket are a great gesture but most likely the dough you are using to make them isn't vegan. I'm a strict vegetarian and I lean vegan. I would go-

Fruit/veggie platter 

Hummus w/ pita chips

check out trader j

• imageAuntValerie:
    My twin sister is having her first baby and I'm throwing her a shower. Attendees are a small group of close frien
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageLiz4444:

imageNKaedin
  • Trader Joes has a reduced fate/eggless mayo that is vegan and tastes just like regular mayo. I'm personally not a fan of the veganaise stuff. (I'm also a vegetarian, but not vegan, but my BFF is vegan.)

I would do fruit salad, green salad with a

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"