January 2013 Moms
Options

Daycare feeding schedule: would like opinions

Ok, day one back at work! I was able to pump enough times and finish my work efficiently. I'm so relieved about that. Question about DS's feeding schedule. DS has always wanted to eat pretty often and he's a serious eater. At home I usually feed him every 2.5 hours. He sleeps for about 9 hours at night. So I was thinking he would take four bottles at daycare, but I sent an extra "just in case" bottle because they aren't able to store frozen. (Does yours?) Anyways, they were giving him the fifth bottle around the time I picked him up even though I really thought it would be extra. So I'm thinking about putting fewer ounces in the extra bottle knowing that I'll more likely than not be picking him up soon if and when he takes it. Or should I just emphasize that the 5th bottle is an extra, "just in case" bottle?

Disclaimer: I know this is the first day back and I shouldn't be worrying, but I am anyways.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Daycare feeding schedule: would like opinions

• Options
    It is the 1st day of our second week I completely understand your concern. We had the opposite problem though, she wasn't eating as much as she normally does at home. I think it just takes sometime to get all figured out. By Thurs. of last week, day 4
  • Options
    I would say something.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

As a person who works in child care I am thinking they are just trying to use everything you send. Is the drop off teacher different than the teacher you pick up from? If so let the morning teacher know again that the bottle is just an extra and to let

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I talked to her about the last bottle being an extra when we discussed how I could not leave frozen milk as a back up. If I could leave the frozen milk, I would not even send the last bottle. I will reiterate how the last bottle is extra and see what happ
  • Options
    My lo is 10 weeks. I send 5 three and a half oz bottles to daycare with the fifth being an extra. Some days they use it others they don't. I would let them know you are only sending it as extra but know that not every day is going to be the same.
  • Options

If you pick up at 4 tell them not to feed past 3 for example since you will be there to pick up. Or have them call to check before giving the extra bottle if its so close to pick up time. Just a few ideas.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like the call and check before last bottle idea... I will ask about that. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"