January 2013 Moms

Babies in bikinis

What is your opinion of baby girls in bikinis? I'm asking just for conversation's sake.

I figure there is plenty of time for Dd to wear a 2 piece suit, she doesn't need to start in infancy!  Plus, I want Dd to be as protected from the sun as possible! So no bare bellies :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller

Re: Babies in bikinis

• Hate them

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think they are super trashy. Plus I want DD to be covered up to protect against the sun.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHildaw:
    I think they are super trashy. Plus I want DD to be covered up to protect against the sun.

I

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I have a boy, but I hate seeing them on baby girls...or even little girls...

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• They look cute on the hanger but I can't imagine putting one on if I had a daughter. I go back and forth because they seem easier to maneuver them in but at the same time there are so many cute one pieces.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • DD has an adorable one piece and it'll stay that way for many years to come.
  • Not a fan
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • love those!  The little boy site has darling things also!  Thanks for sharing that.
  • imageLaurelBee:

imageHildaw:<

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagekatiebird1127:
    love those!  The little boy site has darling things also!  Thanks for sharing that.
    </BLOCKQUOTE

Rap Roller
  • I guess I will be the odd one out...

I'm on this BMB for my son, but have a 19-month old daughter. We spend a lot of time at my mom's cabin on the lake during the summer, so she has four swimsuits. Two of them are one-pieces, one is a tankini sty

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have boys, so it is not an issue. But honestly, I don?t see it as a big deal. It?s not really my style, but I have seen them on babies and not thought twice about it. I wouldn?t buy one, but I wouldn?t judge anyone either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't buy DD one as I think one pieces are better for sun coverage but my mom bought her one for Easter so I figure she will wear it at least once when we go on vacation with them this summer.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a two piece that she got as a gift. I think it's cute. I don't really see a problem with her playing in it in our backyard.

Trying to peel off a wet one piece is hard enough as an adult. Trying to peel a wet one piece to change a swim

• I got DD a tankini for this summer, but I'm not a fan of the actual bikinis for babies and young girls.

ETA: sorry, clicked on the wrong board and it won't let me delete. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • I'm not into it.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I think they are impractical. I love onesies because unlike tshirts, they don't slip and bunch up. A two piece bikini won't stay in place.

I also don't like the idea of my little wearing adult type clothing so young. She'll have the rest of
    BabyFruit Ticker

• imageLaurelBee:

imageHildaw:</str
  • I SO agree. My DD has tons of rash guards to wear this summer. Plus, they are super cute.
  • I probably wouldn't put my daughter in one as a baby if she were going outside to swim as babies need protection from the sun. But I'd totally put a baby girl in one if she were going to swim in an indoor pool, for instance. They're adorable!

<p

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • I am not a fan of skimpy bikinis on babies but I am fine with ones that cover a bit more. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Two pieces are fine, but I've seen some skimpy little bikinis for babies that I think is a little gross.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"