High-Risk Pregnancy

Moms who had pre-e in past pregnancies

For those of you who experienced pre-eclampsia in your past pregnancies, did your MFM or OB bring up the possibility of inducing your current pregnancy once you past 37 weeks even if there weren't current medical issues? I remember reading a story on this board about a mom who's doctors planned on inducing at 38 weeks regardless and was curious if that was the standard of care for those of us who've had pre-e in the past.
Hawaii

Re: Moms who had pre-e in past pregnancies

• I'm not sure what the standard is. However, my doctor is not planning to induce me until 3940 weeks as long a everything remains unchanged. I have started showing some signs of pre e in this pregnancy almost 37 weeks but without an official diagnosis my d
  • Yes, but we also had a placental abruption and a cord accident that resulted in stillbirth, so we have some extenuating circumstances. I don't know what is standard. We're shooting for 36 weeks.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • i plan on asking this question today at my appointment. im almost 36 weeks and i havent had anyone mention this to me- with my history of HELLP and a placental abruption and some kind of cord issue last pregnancy, i would think they'd mention it. But m

• imageCatbella769:

i plan on asking this question today at my appointment. im almost 36 weeks and i havent had anyone mention this t

Hawaii
  • We are currently trying to get pregnant  with our 3rd and our dr. just told us that we will most likely develop pre-e sooner and that the symptoms will be much worse. They also informed us that we will deliver at 37 weeks.
  • Thanks for everyone's input! For those who have similar questions, I talked to my MFM yesterday and he said that as long as my bp is good and other test results are fine, I wouldn't be induced. My quick background - pre-e with my 1st child at 36 weeks

Hawaii
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"