January 2013 Moms
Options

drowsy but awake

How many of you are successfully getting your LO down "drowsy but awake"? 

...and what's your secret? DD never looks drowsy [see siggy pic, that's always her face] 

Re: drowsy but awake

• Options
    JHBWJHBW member
    Thank you for posting this! I was going to post something similar. I am no help, DS only will fall asleep on his own when moving ie: car seat, stroller, carrier... Which I guess isn't really falling asleep on his own.

I try to put him dow
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This is us too. I was going to ask the same question but DS is only 10 1/2 weeks old so I didn't know if it was too early? I was trying to do the Baby Wise thing but it requires you to simply put him down for a nap. Yeah, right. So I too would love some t
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD will only fall asleep in the Ergo or with my boob in her mouth.
  • Options

I'm not sure how it happened, but one night around 5 weeks I just put her in her crib at night and walked away. She fell asleep on her own without crying. Occasionally she will cry a minute or two, but she will fall asleep. If not, I just go in and rub

BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been doing it more consistently for about a week now.  DS has done great.  I try to feed and then when he starts suckling rather than nursing I will wait a minute then unlatch him.  He will just lay there almost asleep.  I will of
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think I read in other posts that this whole concept depends on the child. Some babies cant do the whole drowsy but awake thing.

I think LO fell asleep once on her own in the crib. So it was a total fluke.

LO has changed the sleeping rul

• Options
    This idea does not work for us...but I will say about a week ago, he seemed to turn a corner and is able to doze off with a fan in the room going full blast for white noise. Total trial and error discovery, though.
  • Options
    My secret? Dumb luck. Seriously, we just got lucky. DD1 didn't learn how to go to sleep by herself until close to a year. DD2 has done it since day one (oh please oh please let it continue!) I don't say that to discourage you, but more to reassure people
  • Options
    We have always put DS down drowsy but awake. I have to admit though, I have a very "easy," chill baby. He will look around until he gets tired or sometimes we put the projector from his SoundSpa on with white noise. He stares at the projection on the ceil
  • Options
    Dh does this with her every night. He puts her in the RnP and sits in the rocker beside her to make sure she gets asleep ok. He doesn't talk to her or anything and has a paci ready if she starts moving her mouth.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

DS sometimes will do "drowsy but awake" and sometimes he will just start to get fussy. I also pay attention to how long he has been awake so I can tell if he is "tired fussy" or "bored/crabby/poopy pants fussy." He used to be much better about putting

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagedulcemariamar1:
    I think I read in other posts that this whole concept depends on the child. Some babies cant do the whole drowsy bu
  • Options
    I am not sure what is considered "drowsy"? We rock LO until she's "asleep" but she normally opens her eyes when we put her down then closes them again. That's about as far as we have gotten. She has to be swaddled and rocked because she screams like cr
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"