November 2012 Moms
Options

Intro and question

Hi ladies,

First - an apology. I have been lurking for a while and even posted a few times, but never formally introduced myself. I apologize for my bad web forum ettiquette! :)

So, a long overdue intro..DD (Brynn Evelyn) was born on November 19th (originally due 11/30). We had some issues in the beginning with feeding so after many many attempts, I EP. I'd say DD is pretty average baby, but we have definitely had our challenges - really bad reflux, misdiagnosed MSPI.  But now that we are done with a 4 month growth spurt and the "stormy period/ wonder weeks" Things have been really good.

So now a quick question. We take DD a lot of places and a lot of different houses. Sometimes she's a bit fussy, but never anything too bad. Well, every time we take her to DH's aunt's house, she SCREAMS bloody murder. Like, we have never heard thus type of screaming (except once after her 2 month shots). It literally happens the moment we walk in the door and then stops when we leave. We were able to calm her a bit yesterday so we stayed for a while, but she would randomly just burst into hysterical fits.

What do you ladies think it is? DH's aunt does have some scented candles lit usually (nothing too horrible though), so we were thinking maybe she is sensitive to the smells? It just seems so strange because, don't get me wrong, she definitely cries other places, but this is all out red faced hysterical screaming.

phew! Sorry this was so long! Thanks in advance ladies! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker

Re: Intro and question

• Options
    Welcome! I'm not sure about your aunts house but it may very well be the candles. Some babies are sensitive to smells. When DS1 was a baby, my mom would go visit him at daycare. She has pretty strong perfume, and they asked her to stop wearing it because
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Have you tried asking the aunt to not light the candles? I would try that and see what happens. Really not sure what else it could be
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I vote that the candles are the issue. 

My DD screamed for 5 hours while at the babysitters one day. This lady is known for wearing very strongly scented perfume. It gave me migraines. Now that DD is older she gets migraines from strong scen

• Options

Thanks for the responses! I think it's all the scented stuff too.  Everywhere else she goes is relatively "scent free". Lol

I will definitely ask next time if she can nix the scents. Maybe I'll even say the pedi recommended it because

Baby Birthday Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"