Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Urgent Care or Wait it out?

Last Saturday we took DD to Urgent Care for an ear infection (she didn't spike a fever until Friday night so we couldn't get into the regular pedi).  She was prescribed antibiotics which eventually took the fever down.  Other than sleeping a little bit more than normal, she's been fine all week.  Well this afternoon she started getting really fussy and by the time she went to bed her temperature was 100.5. 

I know that that's not really a "fever," but lets say that it continues to rise over night.  Would you take her to Urgent Care again tomorrow or would you try to wait it out until the doctor opens on Monday morning?  If it matters, she still has 4 doses of antibiotics left.  

I want to make sure that she's getting the care she needs, but I don't want to be "that" mom who takes her kid to the doctor for every sniffle.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Urgent Care or Wait it out?

• Options
    Does your pedi's office have an after hours nurse's line? That's what we called when DD had a temp over the weekend. They'll tell you what to do. Are you giving Tylenol too? Antibiotics won't help a fever if it's a virus, only if it's bacterial (ear infec
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm a little paranoid so maybe take my advise with a grain of salt.... Like pp said I would call the pedi office and talk to one of the nurses. Regardless, if the fever continued I would probably bring her to urgent care.  After being on antibioti

DS Born 10/5/11 TTC #2 starting 8/2012 BFP! 11/12/12 EDD 7/26/12... natural m/c 12/1/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I avoid urgent care/ER at all costs, so unless the fever gets really high - 103+ - or she suddenly presents with symptoms of extreme pain, I would wait it out. We've had it happen multiple times that the first antibiotic doesn't fully wipe out the infecti
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Since the fever left and now she's got a new one I'd think it might be something new.  We've found that urgent care is a waste of our time.  Our doctor's office fortunately has weekend sick visits, but in your shoes I'd see how she is tomorrow a

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• Options
    I always call LO's pedi- they will advice me over the phone and tell me when/if LO should be seen. 
  • Options

imagememali26:
    I avoid urgent care/ER at all costs, so unless the fever gets really high - 103+ - or she suddenly presents with sym

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"