November 2012 Moms
Options

Sitting up

Dd is 19 weeks tomorrow and hates laying flat or slightly reclined, she just does a constant crunch and cries because she wants to sit, but obviously can't. I sit with her and prop her up with the boppy. What else can I do? Anyone else's little one like this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sitting up

• Options
    We borrowed a bumbo for this reason, but it just makes her spit up. I prop her in the corner of the couch sometimes and she sits in her high chair while i eat lunch. She also sits in my lap a lot.
    kids with flags
  • Options

sammie JUST started outgrowing this.... I try to take a 2 minute "sitting lesson" about 5x a day... usually before and after she has had some floor time.... I sit with her and get the balancing tripod style and then just keep helping her stay balanced.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my DS too.  He hates laying down now, unless he's sleeping.  He's constantly doing crunches.  I think we're going to hit up consignment shops this weekend to see if we can find a jumperoo or an exersaucer, something that we can sit
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • Options
    We use the boppy a lot for this. I will wrap it around his waist behind him. Then sit in front of him and hold his hands. He rarely falls forward but tends to startle and fall backwards so the boppy is a good cushion for that!  Now he thinks it is a
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    zmosszmoss member
    LO does the crunch work all the time! It seems to really frustrate him so DH built a mini pillow fort on the floor where he can practice sitting. We do have a boppy but I guess a pillow fort was funner to assemble. :)
    imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"