November 2012 Moms

Has anyone started solids?

My nurses/doc are quite strict on leaving it 6 months (I'm in the caribbean) but i think she is ready to start some finger food... has anyone else started blw or have tips advice for me? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has anyone started solids?

• We are waiting until 6m. I think BLW says to too.

She is starting to show more interest but I just want to wait.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• It's only a month more, I would follow the medical advice, meaning no finger food until 6m AND able to sit unassisted.

Once you hit those milestones, there are a lot of great books and resources online for lists of good first foods, common

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • For BLW baby needs to be to 6m AND able to sit unassisted. Like the others said. It's only a month.
    A has been showing interest in food for the past week or so, she was born at the end of the month so we have closer to 2 months. Because their littl
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have tried some.  Our pedi said 2 tablespoons twice a day.  DS love it.  I however, have only been doing 2 tablespoons once a day.  He would eat the whole thing if he could!  The pedi explained that up until 6 months they
  • I'm doing cereal once in a while, but nothing consistent yet mainly because of our crazy schedule when I get off work each day. I'm going to let daycare start giving him cereal once per day just to get on something consistent. He's a big baby and the pedi
  • H has been showing interest but he isn't sitting unassisted yet and I do want to wait until he is 6 months.

• image+MeganS+:
    H has been showing interest but he isn't sitting unassisted yet and I do want to wait until he is 6 months.
    </B
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not yet. Waiting until 6 months. I had a hard time starting to supplement due to supply issues and I would like to get that under control first. Plus I always planned on 6 months since that's what's best for him health-wise. 
  • We started with baby foods at 4 months. After researching and talking to her Dr. In addition to mush, I have given her things in a mesh feeder. She also will fed herself a cracker. Every baby is different. The right age to fed them has more to do with the
  • As usual thanks all for your advice and comments... She is almost sitting unassisted and is constantly grabbing at anything and everything i have to eat so although it'll feel like forever I will still wait and or maybe double check with the nurses/doctor
  • zmosszmoss member
    I've done a couple sweet potato, nibbler and cracker things. LO has to sit in a chair to eat them, but seems to enjoy it. Started small and not every meal just once a day for now.
    imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"