Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Biting

DD is 18 mo and has started biting when she is frustrated.  For example, if I take something away that she can't play with, or if she climbs on something and I get her down.  She screams and bites either me or a toy.  I use a soft tone of voice to try to keep her calm.  Doesn't always work.  Do I discipline for this?  I'm concerned that she's going to bite other children.  Suggestions? 

Re: Biting

• My son has Been doing it too, Hes 15 months and bit the little boy i babysit... It worries me that he will doit when i put him in early headstart...
  • I spoke with my pedi about this at our last appointment and his tips really helped.

First, stop her in her tracks.  Use a firm (not mean, scary mommy but "i'm not joking around with you") voice.  Make sure she is looking at you when you

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Loading the player...
  • imageCheezeFace:

I spoke with my pedi about this at our last appointment and his tips really helped.

First, stop her in her t

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"