Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Vent-Hair @ school

Why doesn't school every fix my daughters hair. My mother picked her up today with one braid in and one out! Would it kill them to take the elastic it wrap it around her hair a couple of times?!?!?!?
*This is a Catholic pre-k -8 type of school. Just fyi!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Vent-Hair @ school

• Options
    Why doesn't your daughter ask to have it fixed? Why doesn't she just take the other out if one falls out?  Maybe the teachers wonder why you don't do her hair in a lower-maintenance style. I can't imagine it is a priority for an educator to
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Why would the school fix your daughter's hair?  I don't think I've ever had a teacher fix DD's hair.  Maybe they are too busy teaching the children to notice that your daughter's hair is messy? 

If your daughter is bothered by the

Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLoveEeyore:
    Why doesn't your daughter ask to have it fixed? Why doesn't she just take the other out if one falls out?&nbs
    Hawaii
  • Options

Unfortunately, I think they have to be careful about how much close contact they have with the kids.  In some states, this type of "personal grooming" activity may actually be prohibited by the type of license the school has.

Even if there's

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

My DD1 likes to pull her braids, pigtails, barrettes, etc. out when they annoy her. I'll look up and she's got half her hair up, half down. She'll take something out and drop it randomly around the house or wherever she happens to be. 

Usual

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    imageauntie:
    Not sure what the religion has to do with this.I've never had schools do any grooming beyond basic handwashing, noseblowing
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

Plus, the lice issue.

I am a teacher, and if a student comes up to me and requests me to fix their hair--put a clip, etc in it--I will do it, but I cringe the entire time, especially because I have lice on the brain. Already one kindergarten clas

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    It would bug me too. As a former teacher and now as a childcare provider it drives me nuts to see kids with hair in their face all day. Parents have always been happy to have me put their kids hair up (now, not as a teacher). I agree, it would only take a
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

When my DD was in the infant room at daycare they would play "beauty parlor " with her for fun because she was the only one with lots of hair Smile.

but since that time I

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I do try low maintenance styles but she has so much hair it's hard. Most of you are right- she does get annoyed and asks for them to either take it out or she takes it out. As far as the school type goes, what I should've said IS, it's not a daycare bu

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Sorry but its not schools/teachers job to fix yourr childs hair and make sure she looks perfect at pick-up time.  Yes, the daycare teachers used to do my kids hair sometimes but I never expected it.  Heck - I have always believed that if my kids
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"