Stay at Home Moms

Non-religious moms groups?

The only ones I know of around here are religion-based or affiliated with a local church. I am not religious and prefer to go to one where I won't feel out of place if I don't want to to do bible study or get into uncomfortable conversations about why I don't go to church. Anyone have recommendations on where to look for a mom's group that isn't faith-based?

Re: Non-religious moms groups?

• Did you do a google search for a MOMS group in your area?  Other than that you can try Meetup.com and their may be something like a Moms group you can find.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes, I've done a little searching and I get MOPS or church groups usually. There are a few play day things at the library, but its not a moms group. I'll try meetup.
  • Loading the player...
  • image2-Step:
    Yes, I've done a little searching and I get MOPS or church groups usually. There are a few play day things at the library

• I'm in a MOMS group, we meet at a church but we are not faith based, they just rent the space for the meetings. Look on the international moms club web site. You can find info for the club in your area. On the web site it should say if they are religious
  • I just wanted to say that I go to a group at a church. Its not my church which I haven't been to in like 5 years and its not even the same religion but I still go.
    There's no talk of church and i have never once been asked to attended church or any
  • If you look at www.momsclub.org, you should be able to find a MOMS club chapter in your area.  MOMS Club International is not affiliated with any religion or faith.  Our chapter does meet in a church tha

• I would just try a couple see and not worry about the religion.

I do MOPS which is supposed to have religious undertones to it, but my group doesn't at all. The most we ever get is at the end of the meeting when the coordinator says something ab

• I run a local moms group with my friend on meetup.com.  You could check on there to see if there are any close to where you live.
  • Your profile says you are in Washington. The state or the district?

If you are anywhere near the Seattle area, check out peps.org. They have sibs groups for kids about the same age as yours and their groups are all about connecting parents to pro

• imagefreezorburn:

Your profile says you are in Washington. The state or the district?

If you are anywhere near the Seattle ar

• imagefreezorburn:

Your profile says you are in Washington. The state or the district?

If you are anywhere near the Seattle ar

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"