Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Grandma--feeding issues

Ok, so I have posted before, that my step mom has issues with DS and food.

Last week she watched him since our normal sitter was off for the week, and she way over fed him, not just solids but formula--he had 3 7 oz bottles before I got home and then the list of solids she gave him was ridiculously long too (I know he goes through waves of eating a lot and then not so much and he is just finishing up a growth spurt, but the kid barely ate for the next two days. 

Then on Saturday we were at a family birthday party and she gave him a strawberry (we just really started to transition from purees to more solid food a week before) and he chocked on it--not gagged--choked! I had to do the baby Heimlich on him. He was fine, but grandma and me were shaken up. she apologized and felt so bad, and I'm not mad, but a little worried.

We have had the food conversation before, but I'm not sure it is getting through. I think this latest incident has made a light bulb go off, but jeez!

Not really looking for a response, just complaining to people who get it.

Thanks! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Grandma--feeding issues

• I totally understand.  I have to leave a strict meal plan with my MIL when she watches DS.  I make his 2 bottles for the day and put them in the fridge for her and I prepare all his finger foods.  I know she still gives him more puffs th

Sparrow Fae 3/9/10 Levi Roy 6/17/12 Sparrow January 20
  • imagewife07mom09:
    I get it However I would not be leaving lot with grandma at all unsupervised until she can follow directions</di
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekbruington:

Grandparents do this. They have their way of doing things and they love to feed grandkids! I'd try talking to her

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"