November 2013 Moms

Timing of NT Scan

At the next appointment with my midwife, I'll be 11w3d based on my LMP.  An ultrasound is not planned for this visit, just an exam.  She also said that they would see me every 4 weeks.  I'm a little confused because after reading all of their paperwork, it said they offer all patients an ultrasound in the first trimester....but based on the midwife's schedule, I wouldn't be seen again until 15 weeks.

At the first appointment, the midwife told me to think about whether or not we wanted genetic testing, and handed us some pamphlets.   My husband and I have decided that we do want the NT scan (which would be offsite).

Would you go ahead and schedule the NT scan without a dating ultrasound?  I do not know when I ovulated, therefore am unsure of my estimated due date.  If you go for the NT scan and aren't far enough along, do they send you home?  

I'm going to call the office in the morning, but was just wondering for those of you who have gone through this before.  

Thank you! 

Re: Timing of NT Scan

• I would ask about getting a dating ultrasound. Especially if you we're not charting and are unsure of exactly when you ovulated. Tell them that you just estimated your due date and that you want to verify you are correct before trying to get the testing d
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • just wait until your appointment she will probably mention a scan then. my doctor does not do dating or extra ultrasounds unless medically necessary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"