Trouble TTC
Options

Estrogen in Second Half of Cycle

Hi All,

I posted a couple days ago about cramps starting a couple days after ovulation and they last up until I get my period.  I just had first IUI and started progesterone supplements but I already had the cramps start before I started the supplements.

I had my appt with my acupuncturist yesterday and she said she believes the cramps start bc of too much estrogen.  Has anyone ever experienced estrogen dominance and have any success stories or advice on what treatment undergoing?

I am going to call RE tomorrow but bc this was my first cycle with him, I feel he is starting from the moment I met him instead of hearing me when I said I get these cramps every month and result is obviously no pregnancy. 

Re: Estrogen in Second Half of Cycle

• Options
    I thought the treatment for estrogen dominance was progesterone supplements? Your RE should have done blood work before going through with an IUI and progesterone supplements, so he should be more aware of your hormonal levels than an acupuncturist would
    Me (34) & DH (45) - NTNP since June 2011
    RE: 12/1/12 - Me: PCOS; DH: Low T
    2/13: DH's T went from 190 to 777!
    Cycle 1 1/25/13: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = Ectopic pregnancy
    3/7/13: MTX injections put me on the bench.
    Cycle 2 6/7/13: Clomid 100mg CD3-7 = No response
    Cycle 2.1 Clomid 150mg CD 19-23 + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 3 7/21/13: Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #1 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 4 8/25/13: Bravelle 75-112iu + Trigger + IUI #2 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 5 9/23/13: Bravelle 75-225iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Progesterone = BFFN
    Onto IVF - starting injects on Christmas Day

• Options
    vpinevpine member

I had cramps the whole 2WW before and my estrogen level was fine. You can't go by what acupuncturist says, I'd listen to RE and only RE on hormone levels, etc since they're the ones who test.

(I have gone on/off to acupuncture and would suggest

Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"