Babies: 3 - 6 Months

XP: Toothpaste & Sunblock Recommendations??

What do you all do as far as mouth care for baby?  We haven't been doing anything, which makes me feel like a bit of a delinquent parent.  I've read some internet articles and consensus seems to say start before LO has teeth, ideally by 4 months of age.  DD turns 4 months on Tuesday, so I figure I should probably get my act together here!Any recommendations for training toothpaste/toothbrush brands?  I would tend toward something more natural (like Tom's of Maine or something similar) than just grabbing the Orajel brand right off the shelf from Target, but does it matter?  I would guess that it just needs to taste good so she doesn't fight me on it every single time! Also wondering about sunblock that doesn't have tons of chemicals... Any STMs have recommendations for brands that work well for their LOs? 

Re: XP: Toothpaste & Sunblock Recommendations??

• This website gives the rating for all sunblocks, you can view the list or look up a specific brand.   

h

• We just use the finger brush too. As far as sunblock, DS is too young, but we have Honest sunblock for when he's older. I really like their products. A bit pricier, but we appreciate the all natural products they have.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Loading the player...
  • I got some Blue Lizard. It's chemical free, fragrance free and seems to work pretty well (even on DD's sensitive skin). I also like the Aveeno baby face sticks- super easy to apply and less likely to get it in your LO's eyes.
    imageimage
  • We used the Green Sprouts baby toothbrush when the first tooth erupted and used a washcloth to wipe gums before that.  I recommend Green Beaver natural organic fluoride free toothpaste for a first toothpaste.  We then graduated to T

www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"