Breastfeeding

Vitamin D?

I have been giving dd vitamin d drops for a year now. She just turned 1 and we are now weaning and switching to cows milk. How much longer should I be giving the drops? Until she has completely weaned? 

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vitamin D?

• My understanding is that since milk is fortified with vitamin D you don't have to continue the drops.
  • My DS is 3 and he still gets the drops.  Vit D is vital to your immunity and most ppl are deficient in it, so we err on the side of caution and we all take drops.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No help here...never gave them to any of my kids. However, if LO is eating a balanced diet and consuming WCM...I would no longer give them.
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought we'd stop after a year. Pedi said continue giving them and that she takes them herself. He takes them so easily (we use Carlsons D drops) that its no big deal. We live in s Florida but even then, I don't want to rely on him having to be in the s
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrs.KLF:
    My DS is 3 and he still gets the drops.  Vit D is vital to your immunity and most ppl are deficient in it, so we

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• imageSummerOH:

imageMrs.KLF:</str
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for all of the input. I'll keep giving them to her.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"