July 2013 Moms
Options

Tired of H2O

There have been good days where I will drink nearly 2 full gallons of water. Others where I can barely get a glass down. That is always followed by really chapped lips. Lately, I've started to drink Gatorade in hopes of getting my hydration up by interesting my taste buds a little more. Any tricks you have??

Re: Tired of H2O

• Options

I put sliced lemons in water for a little flavor.  Sliced cucumbers are also good in water and very refreshing.

I've also been mixing 1/4 cup of cranberry juice in my big water bottle for some flavor.

• Options
    I usually just drink plain water b/c I'm in love with it. However, sometimes I'll mix it with a little apple juice. Tastes yummy and it's not so bad watered down. Gatorade and water isn't too bad either:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    M0ONM0ON member

My favorite things to add to water:

-Cucumber slices

-Lemon, lime, & orange wedges

-Diced blueberries, raspberries, & strawberries

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I add frozen strawberries in my water for a change every once in a while. Yum!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I haven't tried the frozen fruit before. I'm wondering how that works in a water bottle? At the end do you eat the fruit? Is it mushy? Does it all try to rush up and hit you in the face while your drinking it?
  • Options

Looks like the PPs covered just about all the suggestions I had: orange, lemon, lime, cucumber slices, or any combination of the above, frozen berries, mint leaves. Tons of options to spice up the water. 

I use a one Liter Nalgene bottle wit

• Options
    M0ONM0ON member

imagekarirlaw:
    At the end do you eat the fruit? Is it mushy? Does it all try to rush up and hit you in the face while your drinking
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekarirlaw:
    Thanks everyone! I haven't tried the frozen fruit before. I'm wondering how that works in a water bottle? At the end do y
  • Options
    Already tried it with some mixed frozen berries. Loved it! Wish I would have asked you wonderful ladies this question two trimesters ago ;o
  • Options
    I have increased my water intake with the help of the singles koolaid packets their only 5 cal per packet and I think 12g of sugar per packet when added to a bottle of water. I usually alternate say for breakfast I'll have a plain water then for lunch or
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"