Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

16 mo not wanting to eat HELP!

My DD (16mo) is being so darn picky and barely eating anything. This has been going  on for about 2 weeks now.. She used to be a great eater. I never had to fight with her to eat anything. I though it may just be because of teething but I'm starting to think it's not. I have to fight her with every meal besides breakfast (most of the time) I tought maybe she was just bored of the same old things, so I've been doing a bunch of new things and still she is not interested in eating...I've also cut out almost all "snack" foods.. All she's had to eat today is yogurt for breakfast and maybe 5 yogurt melts.. took two bites of dinner and fought with me until I gave up and let her be done.. I just keep telling myself that she must not be that hungry if she's not eating what I give her but I'm getting so frustrated that I dread eating time period because I know its going to be a fight..even with things I KNOW she LOVES! I've tried putting her in a booster seat at our table, letting her walk around while I follow her w/ spoon fulls, Letting her eat outside, sitting in my bed.. NOTHING has worked.. I'm starting to get concerned about her overall health and nutrition.

Is this just a phase toddlers go through? What am I supposed to do to insure she's getting the proper daily nutrition? She I use some sort of supplement until this passes? I'm at a total loss here and and TBH quite defeated with this whole eating thing or lack there of..  Any tips.tricks or suggestions?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 16 mo not wanting to eat HELP!

• I would take her to the doctors to make sure she doesn't cave an ear infection and/ or strep throat if all she will eat is liquids. at this age they start to grow slower so they are not as hungry. I also hear they only need to eat 3 table spoons per meal
  • imageEstwd2:
    Could be teething. Could be a picky stage. Could be she really isn't hungry. Could be a game to her. And it could be a
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't stress about it and would not make any snacks or meals a struggle. Doing so risks setting up a long road of eating battles all through her childhood. Give her the food and if she doesn't eat, she doesn't eat. No healthy person will allow themse
  • First off, if something seems wrong, call the pedi. Otherwise, it's probably a phase. 

DS went through this phase at 16-17 months. He pretty much ate yogurt, cheese, bread, banana, and Ritz crackers. If I got him to eat anything el

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I read somewhere that toddlers need very little food each day - only about 2 ounces, I think.  Obviously you wouldn't want your child to eat that little every day, but it's comforting to know that if they're having a day where they're not eating a

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are going through almost the exact same thing.  Of course, if she is losing weight or not acting normal otherwise, then I would suggest calling the doctor, but otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much.

At our house, every day is a new day, an

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"