November 2013 Moms

M learned a very important lesson yesterday...

So, we are putting in a half bath in our basement.  We have a friend who is a contractor who is going to come hslp M on the weekends.  He came over last week and gave us a list of all the things we need to get for the project.  We were waiting for our tax refund check to come in so we could buy the things we need, and it finally came in this week so we decided to go pick everything up yesterday.

I tried telling M that I wasn't going to be able to lift the heavy stuff (a) because I'm not as strong as he is and (b) because I'm pregnant and don't want to overdo it.  Did he listen?  No.  He refused to call a friend to help carry everything, which meant I got guilt tripped into helping him carry the heavy stuff.  And today he learned why I told him to call a friend because he's had to listen to me complain all day about how my back hurts and I don't feel well.  Maybe now he's learned his lesson.  A girl can dream...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: M learned a very important lesson yesterday...

• Aww :( but I must say .... keep on dreaming haha. Boys will be boys. 

GL with your bathroom!  

• I"m sorry he does not understand that is NOT safe. I had to tell my MIL today (sorry you are ill and weak and short but I CAN"T stretch too far to reach that plate because 1) my boobs are on fire and 2) Dr said no stretching UP or bending DOWN right no

Nichole Tampa, FL
  • Loading the player...
  • aembaemb member
    My DH didn't understand at first either....until his mom told him that she had a m/c because of moving a couch... The next day he was the one saying to me not to lift anything heavy or move furniture. Lol props to the MIL!!
  • We did IVF and our doctor told my husband that I should not lift anything more than five pounds after the embryo transfer. Now he is paranoid to let me lift anything at all.
  • You can tell him my horror story of my placenta partially detaching at 7 wks after moving tubs of stuff up and down from an attic. It may have not been related but my stomach started cramping some when I was moving stuff and I ignored it.  Idiotic

• Thanks ladies for the support!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"