August 2011 Moms
Options

separation anxiety finally hit

DS cried for me three times in 18 months.

Now he cries for Daddy quite a bit. He cried when DH went out for a run the day after he got back. He's cried both Sundays at church.

Today was REALLY bad, so we took him in with us, but he started crying as soon as we sat down. DH took him back to the nursery, but didn't take his bag, so I had to go take his bag. The nursery ladies didn't realize I was trying to be stealthy, and they were all "Look! There's Mommy!" and he started back up. Thanks.

He also started crying for my mom the other day, and went to the front door calling for her. (They visited earlier this month.)

I've been working to convince myself that it's not that he loves DH more than he loves me, but that DH's return and my parents visit were both triggers to set it off.

Does that sound logical? When we drop him off at church, he doesn't JUST cry for DH - he clings to me, too. He used to be so excited to go, and it was hard to get him to leave.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: separation anxiety finally hit

• Options

Awwww.  Maybe he is just so excited now that YH is home that he is worried he will leave again?  And then clinging to you as well for comfort?

DD gets like this after she has a few days (i.e. a work-free weekend) where DH is around a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Rest assured that your son definitely loves you! It's a classic case of "absence makes the heart grow founder." My DH gets all the hugs and all the tears and I just have to remind myself of how blessed I am to be able to stay at home with DS during the da
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no experience, but I am guessing this is probably a normal reaction to your H being gone for so long. Like now that he's back, DS is realizing that DH (and therefore you as well) could leave again. And I'm thinking that since your move is
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"