October 2013 Moms

Water Birth

Anyone considering having a water birth?! I've been looking into it and may decide on having one. Any feedback or has anyone had one before?!

Re: Water Birth

• I'm definitely considering it. I'm giving birth at a great university hospital in Portland, they have a well established water birth and midwife program, with MD on standby if needed. There is an option to labor in the water tub then birth in bed traditio
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely , I was my sisters birth partner, she had a water birth and she was so much more comfortable in the pool , my neice was born in the pool and it was so muh cleaner , she popped up to the surface all clean : xx
  • Loading the player...
  • I would love to at least labor in water, if not actually give birth. DH refuses to get in the tub with me, but I would like him to catch the baby.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • I am doing a home water birth. My midwife calls water birth an "aquadural"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been really considering this as well. I know most ppl I've talked to say take the epidural and blah blah blah but I really feel most comfortable in the tub and have heard natural births are shorter usually. This being my first and having no idea what
  • I'm having one and could not be happier with my decision.
  • I'm hoping to, unfortunately with twins some doc get in a tizzy about it, such a killjoy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm planning a water birth at home this time.  The hospital where I had my son lets you labor in the tub but makes you get out to actually deliver.  I did not want to get out of that tub!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • I had a water birth with my second birth. It was so nice. It relaxed me, and the process moved so smoothly. I am definitely having another this time around. My hubby didn't get in with me, but that was just fine with me because I am not one of those th

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am thinking that I will be taking this route, and going completely natural. Saw one of my friends that is due in a week, and she is taking the epidural, gas through contractions, etc. But I know two other ladies that recently had all natural births, and

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"