November 2013 Moms

Bio oil

So I had really itchy breasts and heard Biooil could help and also helps with stretch marks. Been using for 3 days twice a day and this stuff is AMAZING!!! Feel a total difference in my skin texture, existing stretch marks are smoothing down, and no itchies. Highly recommend ladies it's like magic!! Anyone else used it before or using now?

Re: Bio oil

• I am using the generic version on bio oil from Walgreens. Seems to work as well but nothing helps my itchiness :
  • simmesimme member
    I had a bottle packed away, but I'm digging it out today!
    AP mama to 2 boys (aged 15 & 12) & due in Nov. w/ #3. Married in Aug. 2012 to a wonderful guy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've also read that Bio oil was great, but when I looked at the ingredients it's has Retinyl Palmitate which I've also read can be dangerous. There is way too much conflicting information on the web. I asked my doctor she told me to stick with Palmers coco butter lotion. I miss my rich luxurious lotions but those with have paparbens which are also no no's.  I'm not a huge fan of the palmers coco butter, but that's the safe lotion I can find for now.
  • I don;t know if it was the bio oil, genetics, luck or what, but I used it during my first prego and got no stretch marks, so I will be doing the same this time.  I had never heard of it being bad- i'm sure a warning would have to be on it if it bore any negative effects? no?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image   

BFP #2 03/01/13 EDD 11/12/13 MC and D&C 04/29/13 @ 12 weeks. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

mean_girls_35345]       image BabyFetus Ticker

• Bio oil etc. can help with the appearance of stretchmarks, but the stretchmarks themselves are genetic.  You'll either get it or you won't.
    "Read the books, don
  • I hadn't heard it was bad either, will have to look it up again. I reviewed the ingredients before and they were just oils and vitamins. I'm obsessed with it so far!!
  • I used Palmers CoCo Butter every night before I went to bed and occasionally Jergins in the morning. NOT ONE STRETCH MARK!!!!! I felt like a grease ball lol but totally worth it.
  • imageMagriet:
    Bio oil etc. can help with the appearance of stretchmarks, but the stretchmarks themselves are genetic.  You'll either get it or you won't.

This. I use Palmers for the itcy, dry skin. But nothing is going to prevent stretch marks. Some people get them, some don't. It is in the genes. Shrinking them and making them less dark after they appear is possible.

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

• CoIvieCoIvie member
    I haven't used it since I've been pregnant but my family swears by it. Lol. Said it clears up skin and fades scars well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"