October 2013 Moms

has anyone done that Barre workout?

i was thinking of signing up for some classes, since it's low impact, but still a great workout.  I talked to the teacher and they said they can make modifications for pregos.   i am still scared it's going to be too hard though-- it's supposed to be intenseeeeeeeeeee.  any advice?

Re: has anyone done that Barre workout?

• My Dr always said (for exercise) is if you weren't doing it before don't start while pg. Unless it is light walking or prenatal type workouts.

So no I would not sign up for a class that is suppose to be intense!

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• My doctor said exercise is really important while pregnant and good for the baby. So I guess, checking with your doctor is most important!

There is tons of prenatal yoga classes these days, I'm starting one next week, though I rarely did yog
  • Loading the player...
  • If it's anything like the Barre work we did in ballet it shouldn't be to bad. I took ballet for 12 years. Just take it easy on some of the stretching don't overdo it and pull a muscle. If you didn't exercise before though you will be really sore for a

imageimageimage
      imageimage
    image   image

August Siggy Challenge Photobomb
  • This was my workout of choice before getting KU.... I have decided to stop it because the classes are so full I worry I won't get the attention I need to make the necessary modifications. Also the last 10-15min is solely dedicated to ab work on your back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Check with your doctor. As others have said, its generally not advised to start a new exercise regiment while pregnant. Walking and prenatal yoga are probably best if you weren't active before pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • imageejs207:
    Check with your doctor. As others have said, its generally not advised to start a new exercise regiment while pregnant

• Saw my doc on friday and she said to do what ever I want as long as its no contact. Im iver weight and shr.is concerned about my blood pressure. I asked about heart rate and she said just follow the chart in the gym. She is even ok with me loosing some we

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If your body is used to working out you should be fine. I'd love to try it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"