3rd Trimester
Options

registry etiquette

I just hit the 3rd tri today (yay!). I've been on bed rest since 11 weeks due to some nasty complications and a bad pregnancy track record. I wanted to have a baby shower but that's out of the question. Is it wrong to still sign up for a registry? I feel weird about it and I'm not sure how to tell people where I'm registered, etc. Thoughts?

Re: registry etiquette

• Options
    Register. People will go looking for it whether or not you tell them. Also, you get a completion coupon at the end.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    Definitely register, if nothing else than to keep a record of things you still need to get.  People will find it or ask you and you can direct them to it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would register if I were you.  If nothing else, you will be able to use the completion coupon to buy things yourself at a discounted rate.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I did a wedding registry, and never had a shower.  People will want to get you things, and many prefer to shop off a registry so they can get things that they know you want and will use.  There is nothing at all wrong about doing a registry.&nbs
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    I know you can create a registry online. But you should definitely do it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You may register. It's polite to give the information by mouth when asked. Those that want to buy things off of it will. However, I would advise against advertising the registry of your own accord.

No posts on Facebook or sending it out in th

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I registered for the coupons.  Depending on where you register, it just makes sense to get the extra money off.  I actually got two car seats for the price of one because I combined registry coupons and a clear out sale.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Go ahead and register if you want to. It's a good way to keep track of what you want/need, and as a PP mentioned, you will get a completion coupon at the end. DH and I just went this past weekend to pick up everything we still needed and we saved like

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I went ahead and registered, and will wait to see if anyone asks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"