April 2013 Moms
Options

Kieran Flud is here!

Kieran Flud was born Wednesday at 9:49 pm. He was 7 lbs 0.3 oz and 20 inches long.

I was induced with cervadil Tuesday evening because of low platelets and high BP.  After the first round I was 2 cm and 80% effaced with contractions coming fairly consistently every 2-3 minutes. My mw gave me another round of cervadil instead of starting pit which I was very grateful for. After 6 hours of the same very manageable contractions every 2-3 minutes I had a little bit of a meltdown because I was frustrated that I had been there for so long and didn't seem to be making much progress. Boy was I wrong about that! Just a few minutes after I stopped crying I had a couple of really strong contractions and then my water broke (while Kieran gave me a good kick). They pulled the cervadil and checked me and I was at 7-8. It seemed like they had me pushing just a few minutes after that. About 3 hours of pushing later he was born. The little stinker had his hand by his head which is apparently why I had to push for so long and it gave me a 2nd degree tear. 

Other than the cervadil and something to help me sleep Tuesday night I did it all med free which is as close to what I wanted as I could get under the circumstances. It did kind of suck to have to be monitored almost the whole time while I was on cervadil but once they pulled it they took the monitor off and let me do my thing. MH and I were both so thankful for our doula, she was worth every penny!

and now I'm sitting here in the middle of the night with my perfect little man on my boob and my kitty in my lap :) 

Re: Kieran Flud is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"